The door is the face of every home and this is the very first thing that visitors will notice once they arrive at your doorstep. Your house door represents the beauty of your home. Aside from giving an aesthetic appeal, this is also your first line of defense against intruders. House doors are available in diverse types, materials, styles and designs. Each type of door can offer different impression and personality. Whether you want to renovate your home or build a new one, it is vital to give importance to what type of door you want to install for your home.
There are wide selections of house doors (in German – Türen) to choose from depending on the style of home that you want to achieve. Doors are made out of either light or heavy materials depending on the area where you want to install them. Some homeowners choose house doors that are sound proof to make their home free from outside noise, while others prefer doors with high end security systems. The following are available doors that can match your needs and requirements.
- Sliding doors – this kind of door is made from glass that you can open it and close it by just pushing it aside. It is the best choice for homeowners who want natural light to pass through their home. Sliding doors (in German the term is Schiebetür) are best for balconies. They can also make your home energy efficient as you do not need to turn on the lights during daytime.
- Wooden doors – you can normally find these house doors in traditional homes. They come in a wide array of finishes and designs that can make any home look very attractive. These doors are available in two types of finishes – basic finish and lustrous shine. The best advantage that you can get out of wooden doors is quality, because they can last for 30 years or more. The only drawback of having wooden house doors is that they might be affected by termites and get swollen over time if not properly polished. Hardwoods are very expensive and can increase danger of break-ins.
- Safety doors – the main function of this type of door is to increase security inside the house. This is mostly used for outside entrances.
- French doors – these house doors are double. They also use glass panels as frames.
It is important to pay attention to external house doors. An external door is exposed to all kinds of harsh weather condition, so it should be made from a high quality material. The following are common types of external doors that you can choose to increase the security and beauty to your home.
- Decorative glass door – this is double paneled to ensure security compared to the ordinary type of glass door. You can buy one that is engraved or adorned with different kinds of designs. If you do not want other people to see the inside of your home, then you can choose frosted glass.
- Steel doors – this is the best security door and it does not get affected by any weather condition. It is long lasting and can only be destroyed through malicious damage.
- Iron doors – these house doors are a great combination of beauty and security. They are available in French design too.
Whatever type of door you want for your home, you always need to consider security, quality and beauty.